Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dear Grandma...

Dear Grandma,


How have you been? It's been awhile since you left suddenly on that fateful night. We really miss you down here. All of us. The house has been so quiet since you left. It used to be echoing with your shouts at the maids, or at the children. I have began to get used to the quietness, compared to the period of time when you just left. I was half expecting you to be there every morning when I came down from my room.

The fact that you are gone is still hard to accept. I really wanted you to see me making it big, and making you proud of me. Ever since you were gone, I really lost motivation to strive for the best. I hope I can find it back.

Remembering all the times you were there for me. You were there for 20 years. You took care of me like I was your son. Despite all the love that you gave me, I did not appreciate you enough. Mum always said we won't know what we have till we lose it. I totally agree with her now. I'm so sorry for all the wrongs that I did. I'm so sorry for all the times I disappointed you. I'm so sorry for all the times I cursed at you behind you when I got scolded by you. I know it is too late to apologise now, but as I cry while writing this, I hope you will forgive me.

The sight of your lifeless body has been imprinted deep inside my head. That was the darkest day of my life. I just cannot believe that you are gone so suddenly. You were supposed to see me, your eldest grandson get married and stuff, but instead, you went away. Don't worry grandma, I will remember whatever teachings you have thought me, and like you always said, "Things that I teach you, you will appreciate in the future." I am appreciating them and following your teachings.

Lastly, I would just like to say, we miss you grandma. When you left, you took a piece of my heart that can never be replaced. Everytime the thought of you arises, tears will form in my eyes like it is right now. I would give the world to just see you talk to me again. You will always be deeply missed in our hearts. I did not have the chance or the guts to tell you this when you were here, so let me just say it now. I LOVE YOU, GRANDMA.



Love,
Your Grandson.

P.S. Don't worry about grandpa. We are taking good care of him. Although he looks like he is fine, he will still be the one who misses you the most. He sits down at times day-dreaming for hours. We can see he lost half of his heart after you left us. But don't worry, he will be fine for he is strong also. We love you grandma, and we really do miss you. You will be in our memory forever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep. It’s just a small part of the process in ur life.STop crying..Your life is great because it inspired by your grandma’s blessing and love and also guided by the knowledge that she’d taught you. Take good care...